Friday, May 23, 2008

My Heart is in the Clouds ♥

After I finished my last week of work, I had a chance to go to Ocean City, MD, to rest and reflect.
It's interesting how it happened. I was feeling like things were going very fast and I was so busy and was not spending time being still before God. I thought, what if He has a detour for me and I'm not giving Him the time to tell me. I began to feel that He was telling me to slow down and listen. That same day, two of my friends said the same thing to me, slow down and be still before God. So, I began to ask God how best to do this, since I was living in my friends living room at the time. :) To make a long story short, He brought Ocean City to mind and the next day I had a place to stay, for free, with a friend in OC for the rest of the week!!

I love the beach. The roar of the waves always put things in perspective for me. It reminds me that God is so ... BIG. ("He's not a tame Lion") I was walking on the beach and asking God what He wanted to say to me that I had been too busy to hear. I felt He was saying to me, "Spend some time resting and getting your heart back." As I was thinking about what that meant, I looked up to the sky and saw - a heart cloud!!! (Most of you probably know I Love hearts!!) I couldn't believe it! I had a huge smile on my face and in my heart and then remembered that I had my camera with me. By the time I got it out of its case and turned it on, the cloud had started to shift, but it still looks kind of like a heart. :)


(If picture isn't visible, click on this link to see it -
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38523&l=7118e&id=672092186)

The next day, as I sat bundled up on the beach, I asked Him what He meant by "getting my heart back." I felt that He was really telling me to get His heart back. His heart for people. For the last few months of finishing up my job, I realized that I had become task oriented over people oriented.

So, I am taking it day by day and learning the 'rest' of God. And learning to rest in God. Being more concerned with his direction for me than other peoples expectations of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I was reading this Reina (one of my 4 yearolds) said "oh look, God made a heart in the sky"