Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Adventure Continues…

At the beginning of my journey, my friend Kristen shared this joke with me, “The best way to make God laugh is to make plans.” I took that to heart and have tried to be careful to consider whether I am making my own plans or following His. I had the next month or so “planned” out and then… this thing didn’t work out here or that thing didn’t quite fit there… So now it’s all up in the air! Through it all, I hear His gentle whisper saying, “Trust Me.”

So, after some prayer time this morning, I decided I needed to venture on from the comforts of Florence, KY to …? I am staying tonight in Frankfort, KY at the Baptist Student Ministries Center with a friend from Maryland. Tomorrow – I don’t know. Anyone live between here and Austin and want a visitor! :) I would like to visit Nashville on my way, but haven’t found a place to stay. I had a few possibilities but none of them have worked out yet. Has anyone traveled that area and recommend a somewhat inexpensive place to stay?

I left Florence today and headed to Louisville to interview a professor at Southern Seminary who wrote Missional House Churches. It was good talking with him. I had hoped to get some more contacts from him about some great house churches he wrote about. Unfortunately, for confidentiality reasons in his research, he told them that he wouldn’t share their contact information. Oh, well.

A praise in the midst of confusion –
Because of a mix up with one place I was going to stay, I will have the opportunity to stay with Tony and Felicity Dale, when I am out in Austin. I look forward to meeting with them and learning about their experiences with house church networks. This is a huge blessing! :)

Here is a link to see some pictures from my journey so far.
Visit to New Orleans:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=38770&l=ab72b&id=672092186
Journey to KY:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41860&l=dcfdc&id=672092186

Yesterday, we went to visit the Creation Museum. The gardens and lake were beautiful!!! I included some pictures in the link above.
Have a good night everyone. Until the next update…love ya, Kerrie

1 comment:

Shanda said...

Today I was walking and thinking about all the things I don't know and God reminded me how silly I am... I have learned to trust Him for salvation... I trust Him for my future... but I can't trust Him with the little details like how I'm going to have a car in time to get back to TX........... Something is wrong in my little head. God is trustworthy and He will make our paths straight.