Saturday, July 26, 2008

How God provided

It is always amazing to see how God provides. When I last updated you, I didn’t know where I would spend the next couple of days. I ended up staying at the Baptist Student Ministries center for KSU in Frankfort, KY, with a friend for a couple of days. The day before I had to leave there, I wasn’t sure where I would stay the next night in Nashville.

But God provided again! I got an email from a friend in San Diego. She had a friend who was going to be house sitting for her aunt in Nashville the next night and she said I could stay with her! These girls had met when they interned for a year with Invisible Children (check out the website: http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php). I am getting to meet some great people! We stayed up till the wee hours of the morning talking and encouraging one another. She is moving to Uganda in a few days to work for a plastics company. Please pray for her safety and that she can implement some things she feels God has given her a passion for, to help the people over there.

The following night in Nashville, I stayed in on an old college campus in a dorm room. They rent out the rooms for a somewhat inexpensive price. I stayed in Nashville for these two days and saw all the sights, well most of them. Here’s a link to see pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46011&l=d1f10&id=672092186
Here’s a link to the updated KY pictures. I added a few. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41860&l=dcfdc&id=672092186

The day before I left Nashville, I still wasn’t sure where I was going to go next. That night, I got in touch with friends I worked with in MD who are now in Montgomery, AL. So on Sunday afternoon, I left Nashville and after a little car issue, I arrived that night in Montgomery at Bill and Melody’s! (My car was making a little noise and I was concerned, so an hour or so into my drive, I pulled over and got my oil checked. It was a quart low! It shouldn’t have been, it wasn’t leaking and I had just got the car looked at. Anyway, I’m thankful that God got me there safe and back on the road with no major issues.)

I spent Sunday through Wednesday with Bill and Melody! We had a blast! It was a lot of fun seeing them again, going out to eat, seeing movies, enjoying Melody’s cooking! J Then they left for a family gathering in FL. They said I could stay as long as I wanted, they’d love to have the house looked after. So, I’m staying here till Sunday then making my way to Austin, TX. There is a couple there that I am really looking forward to meeting. I will be staying with them for about a week. I am still trying to work out a trip back to MD for an apt. I need to get rides to and from the airport in Austin.

It has been amazing to see how God has been working through many of you to help connect me with people to stay with along my journey. So, I figured I’d see if anyone knows of people along my next path who would be open to an overnight visitor (even a couch would be great). The next two places I need to find a place to stay the night in is somewhere near Jackson, MS and then somewhere near East TX, Longview, Tyler… or Shreveport, LA. I am taking the drive to Austin in three segments. Please let me know as soon as possible if you know of any one or of any inexpensive (safe) places to stay! Thanks so much!!!

If you’re interested and you haven’t already, you can subscribe to my blog to get my updates automatically emailed to you, visit: http://hisprinsess.blogspot.com and enter your email address.

I have enjoyed getting updates from you, too. Thanks for all your prayers!! Love ya, Kerrie

1 comment:

Just Sarah said...

Hey Kerrie,

I suppose I should start reading this more - I have many friends in and around Nashville...Oh well, sounds like it worked out ok. On the East TX thing - I interned at Teen Mania Ministries in Garden Valley/Lindale, TX, a while ago. There is also a YWAM base right down the road and I think that Last Days Ministries still has a campus (the ministry Keith and Melody Green started) there. You might give any of them a call and see if you can stay for the night.
Blessings,
Sarah